Thursday 14 April 2016

Colour Choices

1. For this colour scheme I have used a monochromatic blue colour palette, ranging from prismatic, high saturated, and achromatic, low saturated hues. I have used darker hues in the foreground to bring forward the men, and the cold temperature creates an icy feel to the cover. I believe this colour scheme is cohesive, but lacks a contrasting colour making it seem slightly flat.

2. For this colour scheme I have used an analogous, green, yellow and blue colour palette, using mostly low saturated hues, to create warmer colours. These three hues all create a more natural appearance but are not contrasting or cohesive. 
1. For this colour scheme I have used a triadic red, blue and green colour palette, using mostly low saturated hues. This colour scheme is cohesive, but the use of three hues could be too cluttered and if used in the interior illustrations, the colours could be too busy.

2. For this colour scheme I have used a complementary, red and blue limited colour palette. I have used muted, low saturated hues to stop the scheme from appearing too jarring, and created areas of lighter hue in the background for text legibility. I think this colour scheme works well, and is cohesive, though I would like to experiment with changing the red, to create a more muted and natural looking scheme.  

No comments:

Post a Comment